Opening Day 2024

Our West Lafayette tree farm will open for pre-Thanksgiving sales on Saturday and Sunday, Nov 23-24, from 11am to 5pm. We open again after Thanksgiving on Friday Nov 29 from 9am to 5pm.

We will be open through 5pm on Saturday, Dec 21 and hours include:
Saturdays - 9 am to 5 pm
Sundays - 11 am to 5 pm
Monday through Friday - 4 pm to 6 pm - starting Nov 30

Our fields close one-half hour before closing time in order to give customers enough time to select and cut their own tree. We do have a nice selection of cut trees in the barn until closing time.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Tree Farm Location

Our West Lafayette tree farm at 5038 Morehouse Road is at the intersection of Morehouse Road, Taft Road, and County Road 500 North. The entrance to the red tree barn is on County Road 500 North.

Lots of Taller Trees

This year we have an excellent supply of high quality Canaan Fir trees up to 12 feet tall at our West Lafayette tree farm including some pre-cut as well as trees in the field ready to cut.

2024 Tree Costs

Visit Tree Sales for information on the average cost for trees, payment methods, and tree stands. Sample photos of wreaths, swags, and grave pillows are featured at the bottom of the page.

Wholesale Spruce Trees for Sale

Are you looking for beautiful Blue Spruce trees for the 2024 season? We have 94 high-quality trees available, ranging from 4 to 10 feet tall measured from the stump to the leader tip. Approximately, 70 percent of the trees are a gorgeous blue color with the remaining 30 percent a pretty greenish-blue color. We also have 95 Black Hills Spruce trees ranging from 3 to 6 feet tall and a few larger Norway Spruce trees available.

We are offering the trees either as wholesale Christmas trees or as ball & burlap trees perfect for landscaping. The buyer must either cut or dig the trees. The price is $25 to $75 per tree for either cut or dug trees if the buyer fills holes with onsite soil after digging the trees. Otherwise, the B&B trees are $45 to $95 per tree with the owner filling the holes.

If you are planning on cutting the Blue or Norway Spruce trees for resale, the best time to cut them is as close to the holiday season as possible, preferably early December. Spruce trees do not retain their needles as long as fir trees, so cutting them closer to the time they will be displayed helps ensure better needle retention. All fresh-cut trees, especially Spruce, should be stored in a cool, shaded area. If possible, keep the trunks in water to maintain freshness.

Don't miss out on these stunning trees, perfect for adding beauty and value to your business. Contact us now to arrange a visit and secure your order. An exact count of number of trees by height and color is available.

Location: Cassens Trees LLC, 5038 Morehouse Road, West Lafayette, IN 47906 Contact: Dan Cassens Email: Phone: 765-412-6844

Blue Spruce    
Blue Spruce    
Black Hills Spruce
Norway Spruce

Trees up to 14 Feet Tall

We have a very limited supply of high quality Canaan Fir trees 13 to 14 feet tall and a few White Fir trees that are up to 12 feet tall. Due to the large size of these trees, we cannot bale, shake, or drill the trees for our stands. Please contact Dan Cassens at 765-412-6844 for more information.


Cassens Trees in Governor's Office, Division of Forestry Office and Capitol Rotunda

Cassens Trees is very proud to have taken trees to the Governor's Office, Capitol Rotunda, and the Indiana Division of Forestry Office in the Indiana State Capitol building in Indianapolis for several years including this past Christmas season. Over the years, our Canaan fir, Scotch pine and Spruce trees have won first place at the Indiana State Fair four times and we have taken our Canaan fir trees to the national contests held in various states. Although we have never won the national contest, we were very honored to have qualified, as all entrants musts be winners at the state level in order to enter the national contest.


For over 35 years, Dan and Vicki Cassens have supplied Lafayette and the surrounding area with beautiful Canaan fir, Fraser fir, Douglas fir, and Concolor fir trees up to 20 feet tall, as well as Scotch and White pine. Christmas is about families getting together and making memories that will last a lifetime. There is no better memory than taking your family to Cassens Tree farm to pick out your own Christmas tree from the field or a freshly cut tree from the Cassens tree barn.

It's Christmas. Keep it Real.

Christmas is about families getting together and making memories that will last a lifetime. Selecting and setting up a real Christmas tree has been part of the memory-making process ever since 1842, when Charles Minnegerode set up the first real tree in Williamsburg, Va.